Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week 3-Put me in coach im ready to play!

Week 3!

I am so ready to get out there and serve and love and bring the people of mississippi unto christ! We had infield training yesterday. This is a meeting where they teach us about what is going to happen when we get out to the field. an 'orientation' if you will. It was so great to learn more about the work i will be doing. I leanred how important it is to have the spirit when youre teaching. I learned that without memebers the work is so much harder. You need that strong memeber support system. every memeber needs 1. a friend 2. a calling 3. to be able to feel the spirit. I also learned that baptism is central to our purpose as missionaries. I never wanted to push baptism on anyone before..but now being a missionary and studying the gospel more I see that it is so very important! I cannot stress the importance of being baptized into the church of jesus christ by someone holding the priesthood authority of god. There is no other way we can be saved or have exhaltation.
I cannot wait to share these things with the people of mississippi. I love this work and i know that it is the truth! I would not be doing this with my time if it wasnt true.
Sister harding and I are almost all packed for our 3am departure to the field on monday morning. :)
 
We had a great experience teaching Carlo Bomba today. We told him that we werent going to be able to teach him anymore because were are being "transfered". So we read with him a scripture and he told us to share with him the most important thing we could on 10 minutes. We told him how importance baptism was and that he needed to be baptized. he told us how that was nice and if it were true he would. we testified to him that it was true and he needed it more then anything in his life. that this message would bless not only his life but the life of his children. and he would be able ot be together wtih his wife again. The spirit was very strong.
Love,

Sister Urie!

No comments:

Post a Comment