Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Letter 2 from Sister Urie

Dear family and Friends!

less than a week is left until I am out in the field. I cannot believe how fast time has flown!

I wanted to share with you my testimony of why i am here. I wanted to serve a mission because I have been offered so many opportunities and blessings that I wanted to give back something to the lord. I also wanted to share with other families what our family has been so blessed to have. I want them to have eternal families just like ours. Sunday I learned though that no matter how hard I try to give back that the lord is blessing me in so many ways through this mission then i could ever give back (if that makes sense) He loves me so much and I have learned that this last couple of weeks. All he has asked of me in return is that I give my heart and soul to this work, which is true, and love the people. The lord and the spirit will make up for what i lack. I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ restored on the earth and I feel so honored and blessed to be able to share this wonderful message with everyone. :)
We had the opportunity to watch the Joseph Smith Movie on Sunday. This movie touches my heart. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God. He has done so much for this work and my heart is full of gratitude for his great sacrifice.

In class we are learning a lot about the spirit and how we have to teach by the spirit. Without the spirit you cannot teach, it is impossible and pointless. Mission prep has helped me so much. I am grateful for that opportunity i had. I am also grateful for the opportunity I had to attend the temple as much as I did. This preparation has made all the difference. I am still working on learning so much more. There is so much more i need to learn. Currently I am studying Joseph smith history and 3 Nephi. Also lesson 2 in PMG (preach my gospel)

I need to thank everyone that has sent me letters and packages. Your support means the world to me! I am working on replying to all the letters i have received and sending those out today. They keep us so busy here, but I love it! Thank you again :)

Two funny moments that happened last week were..

We were at breakfast (we like to sit by the window). By the window is the line people can get in to get a sack lunch if they don't want to dress up for breakfast or it is their p-day we looked out the window to see these two elders get their sack lunch, look around to see if anyone was there and they busted out break dancing right there as if no one could see them. Little did they know we could see them through the window :) no dancing rule here is no bueno. lol
 
My second funny story is that my district elders are crazy and made up a rap..i will send the video home.. oh the things that happen during personal time..haha

on a more spiritual note. Sunday we had a fireside. As an opening hymn for the fireside we sang a special version of called to serve it was so inspiring. We started off very quiet and the dynamic of or singing increased as the we progressed in the song.  It was as if we were the army of helaman and out of sight, marching over the hill until we came into full view. then standing and singing "onward ever onward as we glory in his name, forward pressing forward, with the triumph song we sing. God our strength will be, press forward ever called to serve our king." It was an amazing sight and brought tears to my eyes. also there was a man in front of us that could not stand. Yet he made it a point to stand during the end of his song. he said it was his duty.
I love this work. I love it here. I head into the field Monday. I pray I will be ready to serve my king and the people of Mississippi.

All my love,
Sincerely,

Sister Urie!

No comments:

Post a Comment