Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I made it!

I made it!

We had a great flight from TX to Mississippi. Small small little plane. It was an adventure for sure. We got here and the mission president and his wife greeted us. They are so wonderful. We had lunch at the Brandon meeting house when we got here. interviews and orientation followed. Then we were able to go tracting for 30 min. after that we met at the mission home and got dinner ready ( sweet pork , cafe Rio style food) After dinner we took pictures then had a wonderful fireside testimony meeting. I am so excited to serve and work!

I am being transferred today..where do you ask? To me most Humid place in the whole mission. Yes, Slidell, LA. I am so very excited and you will be happy to know that I might just be giving up my addiction to cardigans. The humidity is not bad now.. but I know i will soon learn what real humidity is. My new companions name is Sister Hill.
(My area i will be serving in was one of the most devastated areas after hurricane Katrina. I am going to see a lot of poverty, yet i here they have the most members down there. 150 active members, there are 600 members though. A lot of reactivating. The bishops store house and the employment center is in Slidell. )

Sister Spencer and I are going to leave in a few minutes to drive to Gulf Port, MS where Sister Hill is waiting with the van (yes my area we will have a van!) We use cars so much down here I am really contemplating buying a GPS...either that or you can send me one? lol. Let me know what you think.

My bike is coming on the transfer van this afternoon and should arrive at around 4. I am leaving with the sister early this afternoon so we can get there before too late. The members drive the bikes down and I should get it tomorrow.


Have a wonderful day
Love,

Sister Urie

No comments:

Post a Comment