Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Week 75 - Farewells of good friends and the postponed baptism.‏

Dear Family,
 
Transfers are today... Time has flown by too fast and I cannot believe that it is so close to the end... as of today we are looking at only 6 weeks left of being a full time missionary.. and I am so sad. I love being a missionary and am going to do my best to serve faithful to the end. You're just as much a missionary your first transfer out as you are your last!
Lets see... Transfer Info..Sister Johnson and I are staying together this transfer in FLOWOOD!! I am really excited. We get along really well and work well together so.. I'm excited! :)
 
Sooo this week was another great week in Flowood, MS.. I think last week I told you we had stake conference..well Cody came!...and this week he is going to be baptized! Saturday at 7pm. We pushed it back so that we could announce it in church on Sunday. No worthiness issues or anything..just wanted to do it at a time when he could have the most support. I cannot wait for him to be able to enjoy the gift of the holy ghost in his life. This man is so worthy and deserving of baptism. I am so excited for him...Now the icing on the cake..Noah..his son wasn't thinking about baptism for himself..but after going to the youth trip and having a great time.. we asked him on Sunday at church if he wanted to take the lessons for himself to get baptized and he said he does!! He set a date for his baptism of November 17th. :) We are so very very excited for him!! :) This is the best family and they deserve this.
 
Well what else happened this week...oh I know! CRAFT NIGHT! We had a craft night on Thursday night.. but no one came... but.... We had book of mormon class on Wednesday night and guess what! (what sister Urie..) we had 7 ward members come and two of our investigators come to the class plus all three sets of missionaries! It was an amazing class and we are hoping to continue to have a great turn out.. we texted 51 people to remind them to come..so hopefully..if we keep texting and reminding so many people then our numbers will stay high..ha..well we hope. ha.
 
We were able to go out on exchanges with Sister McDonough this past week. It was great to be able to visit the less active sisters with her. There are so many sisters that are less active that just want to feel loved and wanted and when they feel the spirit again and remember why they were there in the first place they will come back. Remembering... Funny that that's all it takes.
 
Well I cant wait to tell you about the baptism this week..that is actually going to happen! love you and hope yall have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Urie.
Please write me.
 
Southernism: don't know if I told yall this.. but I heard the one of  instead of saying oh man or oh wow..or what'd ya know...say "dagum!"
Tracting tips: 5 cents?
Scripture: Alma 5 ..the whole chapter! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment