Monday, August 27, 2012

week 66: Zone Conference.. The Savior's Peace and blessing..and atleast we had two people at church.‏

Dear Family,
 
Would you believe it..It was another great week In Flowood MS. I have learned so much this week..not any different then any other week.I just love the mission and I love being able to be a full time representative for the Lord Jesus Christ.
This week we were able to leave the saviors peace and blessing in many homes.. As a result we have received many referrals. ( Referrals being people that they, after having received the blessing, have specific people in mind that they would like to have receive the blessing also) One lady is so sweet. We have felt prompted to tract a specific apartment complex..after having done so ( well not all of it yet..but most) we found our sweet friend Ruby. She has shared with us her family and we are excited to start teaching them as well. Sadly there are people who even reject the peace and blessing. One reason I like using the Saviors Peace and Blessing ( we like to call them PB&J's ) is because they are not turning us down, or the book of mormon, or even Joseph Smith. They are turning down the savior. With this approach we still feel saddened about their not excepting the restored gospel, but at least we know it is not because of anything we did wrong. PB&J's are the best! The spirit is so strong too when we offer the blessing.
 
So I bet your wondering about our friends were teaching.. first ill tell you about our friend that didn't think we believed in birthdays..well it was his birthday this last week! and guess what...?! We took him a cupcake! haha he loved it and told us what a great time he had at church. He is going to come to church this next week, sadly he was not able to come yesterday. His has been a slow process..but like I said before I know it will be a lasting conversion. ( hope I did'nt tell you this last week..I'm pretty sure it was this week..?) The weeks are running together..and to be honest I cant believe that is has already been 4 weeks into this transfer. Time is flying so quickly and its making me a little sick..lol
The next investigator that I really want to tell you about is the one that has come to church a lot in the past months and had a date but it was changed a few times? .. well we dropped her for a few days and then felt we should go see her. turns out she is having a really hard time with her school load and has pretty much shut out the world. She has still been reading and praying about the book of mormon though, which is great... to be honest though at the busiest times in my life that's when I've needed the gospel the most..that is when I have needed the scriptures the most. we'll see what happens. She said shed come to church next week. The spirit was there in our visit and we had a great member with us.
This week it has really hit me that I really need to be using preach my gospel more..its not just for missionaries..there should be one in every home..at least for family home evening lesson use. We are focusing on using more of the activities in it with our investigators. I know this will bring increase spirituality into their lives as well as ours..try it out ! :)

..we had zone conference this week..all about finding. finding those golden nuggets that are hidden out there. it was defined. elect as those who are keeping commitments. members are the full time finders..:)
also..the two people that came to church were me and sister Johnson. two converts! gotta love it. Trainings is going great. she is a great missionary and i do not even feel like I'm training her..shes training me for sure.
Love yall!
 
One sad thing that came from a man not wanting the saviors peace and blessing was he tried to bible bash with us.It is really sad to me when people are confused about the Godhead. They are in fact three separate beings. It is also really sad to me that they say the things we believe are not true when they have never even tried to read and pray about the witness of Christ.. also its sad when you ask them if they have asked god if their belief in the godhead is true and the skirt around the question. The truth of all things is confirmed by the power of the holy ghost ( Moroni 10:5)
 
Sorry there aren't more pictures this week..that will be my goal for next week for sure. but..! I'm loving the work. The people here are great and the ward is wonderful. My favorite member of the ward is Scruffy the Dog. :) hehe
 
Hope yall have a wonderful week. Yes there is a storm coming.. and we will be fine. Thank you for the prayers and concern. It is greatly appreciated.
Love ya! Till next week..
Sister Urie
 
 
Scripture: 2 Nephi 29 "A bible a bible we have a bible!"... (the whole chapter is great! read it.)
Southernism: Check out this new license plate I saw!
Tracting Tips: none.. :(
p.s..the picture of the dog was a crazy dog that we ran into while tracting..viscous!whenever we would knock on the door he would go crazy!! haha..

No comments:

Post a Comment