Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Week 63: Jackson adventures​, last district meeting and New arrivals!‏

Dear Family!
 
It was another wonderful great GREAT week in Flowood Mississippi!  I say this every week...but Miracles are happening everyday in this area and I am loving every minute of it. Also, I feel so grateful to be able to serve here at this time.
 
Transfers were today and guess what! I'm staying in Flowood and training a new amazing missionary named Sister Johnson. She is from Murray, Utah. So.. I will be in Flowood for two more transfers. Bring it on! I am so excited because things are really starting to look up and we are really starting to build a great repore with the ward.
 
Shorter time today because of transfers..but! I do have two stories for you!
 
First... not a story but I played the piano for sacrament meeting on Sunday.. yeah yeah read that again because its true..I SISTER URIE played the piano for sacrament meeting two days ago. Crazy! They're running low on people that can play..the ladies that have been filling in were out of town..and the sister who is called to play couldn't make it again.. SO i filled it. crazy! but its true.
 
first real story.. we had a dinner appointment with the amazing family were working with. We told them sister Mokalake was leaving ( went to slidell by the way) .. So they had us over for dinner. It was a little crazy at first because all their family came in and out ( grandparents and such that were on their way leaving from visiting) then after they left it settled down.. we got to talk about how the husband has been reading and what he thought about what he read. The 3rd verse of the first chapter of Nephi stood out to him most...awesome! because he loved that Nephi said that it was true..he is continuing to read and pray about it.. Also! We gave them a children's book of mormon stories book..they said they would read it every night for bed time stories to the kids. love love this family.. We are going to see them on Wednesday and I will report more..
 
Second story.. is we found this new guy named Howard. Howard was really nice but was drinking and smoking when we walked up to him and his friend. He said we could leave the saviors peace and blessing.. So we set up a return appointment. Also he wanted to know some more about our message and how it was different from what he believed.. and we were talking.. (I guess I've been come really awkward..because) he asked me"You are a really great representative for the church..but  what do you do for fun..?" ( in other words you're too uptight and too about business..do you ever have fun?! bahhaha.. I told him retail therapy..but what do you say to that? honestly. But yes it  was funny.
 
Things are great. things are wonderful. Everything is wonderful and I love all the things I am learning and being able do. So many blessings. 
 
I love yall and hope you have a great week. Did you think to pray? Do it! Heavenly Father Loves you and wants to hear from you! So get down on your knees and tell him what you need. 
 
Yall be good now.
Sister Urie :) 
 
Southernism: "I reckon"...
Scripture: 2 Nephi 9:45-46 and 49-52
Tracting Tips: Zero...

No comments:

Post a Comment