Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Week 35? wow! Earl Art shop..You're a member? " Its hard for most humans to comprehend this..."‏

Dear Family!!

A big hello from the state of Mississippi. We had a great week this week. It has been a real adventure trying to find more people to teach, but we keep trying potentials and praying that we will find the "elect". As a result of this our prayers have been answered in different ways then I would expect. For instance we have been trying to teach this lady that only speaks Spanish. So we went over the other day and there were a lot of kids at the house. Young children. we thought this was strange because we were sure the lady only has 1 son. We asked the kids to go get there mom so we could talk with her. They run and get there mom and who should come to the door but not the woman we met with before. This woman was very friendly and warm to us though and invited us in. We told her we were here to see her friend ( who we found out was not home) After talking with her we also learned ( she speaks Spanish and English by the way) that she is a member of the church! She was baptized in Arizona about eight years ago and is now living in Jackson. we will call her Maria, Maria did not even know there was a ward in Clinton. We invited Maria to invite her nonmember friend she is living with to church and for her to come to church also. She said she would and upon telling her daughter they were coming to church, her eight year old, not yet baptized daughter was dancing around the house saying how excited she was to come to church!! great right! This is what we thought, we were so excited to see them Sunday..They did not come. Next week they will come, i just know it. 

Right after we saw this family we were walking out to our car..this is in Jackson mind you..the "hood" if you will... and three of these kids around the age of 18-23ish are standing across the road said "can i have yo numba?can i have yo numba?". Yes just like out of the  you tube video. we told him to go on mormon.org and he said he would do it.
This week I learned many things.. one of the most important things I learned was that I have been saying Clinton all wrong. So! We were at a members house and they asked if I liked it here in Clintn and I said that I loved it here in "Clintin".  They all made so much fun of me. Saying that I need to say it right. Its "Clinn" just in case ya'll were wondering.

Can you believe I will be turning eight in two days. The time is flying and I feel like i have so much left to learn..I feel so blessed to be on a mission and serving the Lord. This work is true and I just wish everyone would study it out in there minds and ask God if it is true.


So more stories about people were teaching.. We are still teaching that family with 4 kids and the Mom and dad. We met with the mom on Friday. We read with her from the book of mormon and shared with her the plan of salvation. I really hope that she takes the time to study it out for herself. It is one of those situations where I know she felt the spirit..it is just up to her to study it out and find out for herself if the things we are sharing are true. In spite of our imperfections as teachers the message we are sharing is true and those who are honest seekers will know of its truth.


Sunday we had tornado watch out! Crazy! We found out about it from one of our recent converts that works at a weather station. Yes..missionaries really are clueless about everything in the world..politics, weather, media, everything! So if there are missionaries in your area and you know it is going to rain buckets or there is going to be a severe heat warning..please please inform them! Sunday we also got a new bishop. We are no longer in limbo. I am excited to be able to work with the new bishop and help further the work of the ward.


We were tracting this week and ran into this house where the boy, about age 19 wanted to tell us how much we didn't know. We asked him if he had heard of our church before. He said yes..ya'll are mormon right? we said yes..but that is a nick name we are Christians..to that he responded..I thought ya'll just said you were Mormon. We said we did..We went on to explain to him that we believe in Jesus Christ and that the God head is three separate beings. To the which he responded " no, no.. this is hard for most humans to comprehend.. but they are all one." You know..I just wish that people would do some research because they sound very uneducated when they think that for one we are not christian and for two how confused they are about the god head. But you know..to each his own.


So I am sorry this is so jumbled.. It is hard to remember stories sometimes..and the weeks feel like days and the days feel like weeks.. But the last story is about the adventure we went on today.. we went to Earl art shop! This is way out in the country of Mississippi in Bovina, MS. This man has found different things off the side of the road and such and has been working on making a house that people can come through and tour. There are random holes in the walls and floor. Most holes in the ceiling he says are going to be skylights. too funny. More pictures to come next week :)


As always..I hope ya'll have a great week. I love you and appreciate your support. This mission is really changing me and helping me grow. I know that this gospel is true and I pray everyday that I can be worthy of this sacred work I have been called too. Y'all are the best and please know that my prayers are with ya'll.

Be Good!
love, Sister Urie
p.s: I really hope this weeks email makes sense. I will work on my stories for next week. We are going to find more people to teach i just know it! :)

Tracting Tips: two cents

Scouthernism: Church sign: " The Gates of hell shall not prevail in 2012"
Scripture: Moroni 10:3-4: You must first ponder it in your hearts and study it out in your minds..THEN pray about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment