Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Week 33 - Baptism and Transfers

Dear Family,

As you probably already know and have guessed I have been transferred! I will be serving in Clinton,MS and my new companions name is Sister Hawks. She is from Utah and has been out in the field 3 months. Sister Hawks is a great missionary and I am really excited to serve with her. She was trained by my MTC companion, Sister Harding, and we have almost in a way traded spots because she has been sent to around where I came from. 


The new address for where I am is:

101 Briars Dr. #1002
Clinton, MS 39056
 It has been such a great week. My last week in Slidell, LA was great. it was really hard to leave Sister VanRoosendaal. She is such a great missionary and I really enjoyed my time serving with her. Please keep her in your prayers. She is a fighter and I know things will work out well for her.
Being on a mission really has been a roller coaster of an experience. I left ya'll at home to come out here..My first area then became my home..then I had to leave..now I am in a new home. Gotta love it. You know how you feel when you are at the highest peak of a roller coaster about to go down really fast? That is how my stomach felt most of this week.. Unsure of what was going to happen and sad about leaving all my Family in Slidell.  There are so many people I have come to love in Slidell and I feel so blessed to have been able to make those friendships. 

Sunday we had a baptism, It was the Baptism of an 8 year old girl we had been teaching. We worked really closely with the family and I have come to love them so much. The baptism was very well attended. Normally we hold the service in the Relief society room, but there were so many people there that we had to have it in the chapel. It was great. There was a beautiful spirit present during her baptism. Baptisms for us only count when they are 9 years old, as far as numbers are concerned, yet this one to me counts more then some of the others. I love this family and I feel so blessed to have been able to work with them. I have included some pictures of us and The girl that got baptized. she is so cute.  Right after her dad baptized her, she is such a petite girl that he just lifted her right out of the water and you could hear her say " get me out of here dad". It was really cute.


(Side note..: We found out I was getting transferred on Wednesday night and had hardly anytime to pack..I accumulated more stuff then I thought I had. OOps! I sent two boxes home.)

Right after the baptism Sister VanRoosendaal and I drove to Picayune where I dropped her off there to serve with Sister Tieke for a few days..until today. Then Sister Linton, the sister we picked up, and I drove to Clinton to stay the night with the Clinton Sisters before she had to fly home the next morning. She is such a great missionary and It was so great to have been able to serve with her. Please Keep her in your prayers.

Well to make a long story short..I am serving in Clinton Now! Found out this morning. It was great.  Last night I got to take the new sister out to do some tracting and stuff for her first night. It was such a great experience. We only had a half hour..but we found a family! and we are going to go back and see them tonight. She did a great great Job. I think I told you ..her name is Sister Chai and she is from Malaysia. Amazing missionary and I am excited to have her here in the MJM.


Well that is pretty much it on the week. Hope to have some great stories for you this week of all the amazing people here in the land of Clinton.


Love ya'll!

Sister Urie

Tracting Tips: we actually made 3 cents last week in slidell

Southernism: instead of saying straight they say skrait so the t makes a k sound for everything. very funny. Did i ever tell you that the corn bread down here is not sweet! yeah.. i dont know how i feel about it.
Scripture: Mosiah 2:41

Hope ya'll have a great week. thank you so much for everything you do for me and all the support and love you show to me and the missionaries in your area. love you!


Lots of pictures this week see www.sisterurie.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment