Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Week 25 - Gator and Cajun Donuts

Dear Family!

Helloooo family! i love and miss ya'll so much and hope you are all having a great week.

Things are going pretty well here. This week we were able to do a lot of work and see a lot of people. Sometimes it feels like we are only scratching the surface when we are trying so hard, yet I know that the Lords hand is in everything and we are planting a lot of seeds.
Let me see...Stories from this week..

We got a call from a lady in the ward..she shared with us how she had shared the gospel with her friend and he friend wanted to get baptized! ( oh yes..i know what you are thinking. So very exciting. right?) Well you are right, this is very exciting! We went and taught her the first two lessons in one visit and set her with a baptism date. The down side is she is really only in it for the welfare. No Bueno. So we are praying really hard that it all works out. We do not want to baptize someone into inactivity. Yet, we are very grateful that heavenly father has blessed us with someone to teach. One of the blessings from the fifth Sunday lesson we taught!


My Spanish is coming a long pretty well. I don't know if i told you? Sister V and I are working on learning Spanish from the Spanish members. Yeah yeah i know..good luck! well we have a bunch of Spanish supplies and Spanish copies of preach my gospel. I can now pray in Spanish, mind you they are very simple prayers, but i can still pray!


We are also teaching that same family i think I told you about last week, the one that is agnostic? We saw them last week and it went alright. He just is not letting the spirit touch his heart at all. It is all very logical and it does not always work that way. The spirit speaks to your mind and your heart ( Moroni 10:3-5) (D&C 8:2-3)  We are going to teach them again this week. Our plan is to share the movie ' together forever with them' and share with them our testimonies about why we are out on a mission. I will return and report!


That is pretty much it on the week... almost!


Oh So i know what i want for Christmas..because you keep asking I will tell you..For Christmas I would love for all the family to read the whole Book of Mormon. This is what i really want for Christmas.


Drum roll please... here is the greatest southernism yet!... I ate Gator! yesir! I ate alligator on Wednesday! Not just alligator, we had Cajun donuts and these cajun egg roll things that have gator in them.  So very good! We went to this place called 'Gator me crazy' in Picayune, MS after district meeting on Wednesday. It was very good! It almost tastes like chicken..but better! That is what the pictures are of! Enjoy.


No tracting tips this week. I did find one penny!

also..scripture:
James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and up braideth not; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

1 comment:

  1. I smiled from the moment I started reading this entry! I'm still thinking about the word," choot!" Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete