Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week 57: Transfers,"You had how many other lessons?" and The Funeral.‏

Dear Family!!
 
It was another GREAT WEEK in Flowood, MS. The sun in shining and it sure is getting humid here! Just when you think your acclimated to the weather it gets..better..ha.
So I bet you are wondering what happened with transfers this go around. Well you guessed it.. I am staying in Flowood with Sister Mokalake. We are having so much success and finding so many people who are "elect" and really prepared to receive the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
One of these people is a progressing investigator we have right now. She had a date set for the 30th of June ( this Saturday), but we pushed it back to the 7th of July. This way she will be completely prepared. ( Plus it didn't get announced in church this week.) Her main concern is knowing if Joseph Smith really is a prophet of God. We know that the Book of Mormon is the "Key stone" of our religion. If the book of mormon is true, the Joseph Smith translated it by the gift and power of god and means that he is a prophet of God. She Believes the book of mormon to be the word of god, yet she is still having a hard time trusting in man. I know that the Lord will answer her prayers and she continues to ask him.
Gaining a witness of the book of mormon and of the prophet is not just a one time deal, I love that we can always ask and the promise remains that he will always answer according to our faith and intent.
 
This week we called in our numbers.. 30 other lessons can you believe it!! We have been tracting a lot...yes in this heat. And have only been using the "harvesting tool" I told yall about.  ( I did tell you about it right?) It is amazing. It is so apparent by using this who is elect and will be receptive and who will not. President Tucker called it a "sifting tool" and that it truly is. I love it and we truly have been blessed because of the use of it. Gotta love it..last thing President Tucker did before he left was "gave us sisters the priesthood"...hehe.
 
So in T-30 minutes I will be playing the violin at a funeral for a man in the ward who recently passed away. He was very less active..The thing that amazes me is members from the Clinton ward invited me to play the violin at his funeral. There are so many missionary opportunities that have come from because of this gift and talent and I feel so blessed to be able to perform this service. Another wonderful thing is there will be many less active members of the ward at this funeral. Heavenly Fathers hand truly is in every aspect of our every day life. Always. There are no Coincidences with the Lord and It is more and more apparent to me every day. Thank God for small miracles.
 
...Ohh Funny story..So Friday our phone just stopped working..for no reason! They have no clue how, but sprint deleted our number for no reason..so we have been using sister tuckers personal phone for the time being..crazzzy! It was so nice of her to let us borrow it. We will be getting ours back soon. This is another reason I know the lord has his hand in all things. So many people called to try to cancel appointments..but did we know about it ..nope! why? because our phone wasn't working..so we showed up anyways and had amazing lessons with our investigators. Rejoice! :)
Another fun thing...New arrivals were yesterday and We got to help with it. We didn't get to take them out tracting..but we did get to have lunch with them and get to know them. And I got to meet my new daughter! She is so sweet and I am so excited for sister V to train. :)
 
I hope that yall have a wonderful week. I miss yall terribly  and hope that everything is going well. Please let me know what I can do for yall. ( Prayers are always implied)
Thank you!
Love Sister Urie
 
..sorry this one is so short..
 
Southerism: We were reading a scripture with a little girl the other day..Moroni 10:3 to be exact..and she read it like this..
"I would EXPLOIT you that when you read these things, if it be WINDOWS of God that ye should read them.." he he :)
 
..Also I included a picture of the church parking lot 20 minutes before church is to start..yep..need I say more. ha I was thinking how back at home you don't get a seat if you show up at that time..just crazy!
 
..the white car is the white jetta..we had to switch Celeste with the assistants..they named him LL Cool J.. yeah.. so sad. ha and that is our mormon.org sun shade.
 
Tracting Tips: about 8cents.. were getting better!
Scripture: 2Nephi 31:20..its all about how we endure..:) Enjoy to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment