Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Week 54: Fireflies..the breakup and zone conference.‏

Dear Family!

How y'all doing? I hope you are doing well and that Life is treating yall well. I am happy to hear that your water heater is back up and running. I miss yall a lot and have some great stories to tell ya from this week.
So.. Straight from Flowood, MS here is the lowdown..
We had another great successful week in our new area. It has been really fun going in with a blank area-book and "making our mark on the area". There are some great people we are working with. Not that I want you to know my numbers..because numbers don't matter..but this last week we nearly doubled the standard and got 7! We also maybe loaned out 11 copies of the book of Mormon. I really love this area and am learning so much. It is amazing to me how much I was prepared to serve in this area. There are just little things that make me think this.. The other day we were going to try to contact a less-active member whom we didn't know. When we got there he asked us if we wanted to come in. We asked him if his wife was home..to which he responded..no I am divorced and told us about his wife.. who i know from serving in Clinton! Actually i never met her..but her mom is the one that is Japanese and gave us the Japanese names..who also would not give us her daughters address. Bam! now we have an in. It is little things like that make me feel like the Lord has really prepared me to serve in this area. There are also a few investigators that lord helped us find when I came here on new arrivals. I am so excited to start working with them.
One of our investigators I told yall about last week.. The couple that was really receptive and starting to learn more. the one that didn't make it to church because something came up?..Well they broke up last week. Pretty sad, but it is probably for the better. The Lords hand is in all things. We are working on contacting both of them right now. Hopefully I will have more to report next week.
This last week we had zone conference which was great. The Jackson and Clinton zones both met together in the Clinton building for zone conference. Yes I was part of the musical number. lol.
It was great we talked all about the talk the 4th missionary and how we really, to be great, need to give our whole heart to the work. Our desire and our will is really the only thing we can give our Heavenly Father.
We also talked about a new finding tool that we are using in our mission, it is called the Harvesting program. The harvesting program is where we ask members and nonmembers if we can come into there home and as representatives of Jesus Christ leave the Saviors Peace and blessing them and their home. We have had the opportunity to share this with one of our investigators so far. The spirit was so strong as we offered the blessing. I am really excited to continue to use this as a finding tool and know that it really has the effect to change around the attitude of any ward.
Another great thing they talked about in zone conference was about obedience and how we need to be consistent in our efforts. You will do more by steady consistent repentance and progression then by changing once all at once..it just doesn't work that way.This concept was presented to us by using the example of landing an air craft carrier. We need to be consistent about catching the third line every time. needless to say I learned so much and zone conference was great! They are really trying to prepare us well for the new mission president and that transition.

Lets see what else about Flowood...


This week I saw Fireflies for the first time! They are so beautiful!..I wish i had a picture for you of them..but they just wont stay lit long enough for me to catch one. lol.

Now here is the skinny on transfers.. I have no idea!..But I will tell you this. sadly my companion, Sister Platt, is going back to temple square on Wednesday. In her place will be a different temple square sister that is coming out. It has been great serving with Sister Platt and I have learned so much from her. We'll see what the Lord has in store next.

 We are off to have a great p-day with the Clinton Sisters. Wish us luck! lol.
So many great things are happening and Hope you have a wonderful week.
Love Sister Urie

Southernism: "Going the wrong direction? God allows U-turns" -church sign.
Scripture: 2 Nephi 31:5
Tracting TIps: 2 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment