Monday, May 21, 2012

Week 52 - The crazy amazing week

Dear Family,

I am not going to lie to you..this was another wonderfully great week in Clinton and Flowood MS. So much has happened in this past week and it feels like it has been a month.. You know those weeks that go by so slow, but you look back and it went by so fast? yes..this was one of those weeks. By no means was it a bad slow though..just jam packed with so much! ... let me see if I can give you an idea of what I mean..

So after I talked with y'all on Tuesday..transfers.. There were four of us sisters just "chillin" in Clinton waiting for the Flowood apartment to be ready. ( and by chillin I mean tearin it up and working really hard.) We had many great adventures and times. It was Sister Carter ( we were both trained by sister Hills..so my Sister!)..And sister Platt ( the temple square sister who is only here for two more weeks) and also of course the Lovely sister Aebischer. All 4 of us had a great time working hard to find the elect.. We got to do a lot of service and Would you believe it if I told you I mowed a lawn for the first time?..Also we were able to come back up for the day of service in Clinton and helped shovel dirt and rocks at a park. Very great. ( That took place on Saturday morning)
Well anyways..after a great week of service..and teaching a lesson in Jackson on half of a chair that I shared with Sister Platt.. We were able to move into our new apartment on Friday afternoon. Our area is Flowood and we are in the Brandon ward. ( I do not have pictures of our apartment this week but I will have them for you next week.)
So we decided to go to chick-fil-a for dinner Friday night of last week and whilst ( My companion is from England..lol) we were there a lady came up to us and said that she was raised LDS and handed us a check saying that dinner was on her. It was so sweet. Blessings falling out of heaven already in this area. So come to find out (after we got a ward list) She is one of the part member families in our ward. We went and visited her on Sunday night and she is wonderful. She has her patriarchal blessing and said that she wants to start trying a little bit more to get her husband to come back to church. It is great because the senior couple that lives in the same apartment complex as her has been talking with her and she recognizes that heavenly father is probably trying to tell her something. One thing that I love from all of this is that Heavenly Father knows each of us individual and knows the desires and intents of our hearts so well. He will always prepare a way for us to repent and comeback to him. What a loving Father we have!
So this email is a lot shorter then all of my other ones.. We went fishing today..and y'all would've been so so proud of me. I caught the biggest fish very first and it was a catfish! oh yes I did. :) Here are many pictures from our adventures this week.
Also great this week is I learned now to mow a lawn..yes you better believe I did .Dad when I get home this will be my job. You would've been proud. :)
Well When we went to church for the first time on Sunday we had a very warm welcome from the ward. Brandon Ward is a great ward and I am excited to be able to work with them and serve them. We have a lot of damage control to do from past elders, yet we are excited and up for the challenge. my current companion, Sister Platt is a temple square sister and she will only be here for 3 more weeks. I am sad about this as we are getting a long really well..but things will all work out.

Well this is the story on all things Flowood and Clinton! I have sent you my new address mom..so please pass it on! if not the mission office one works alright for now.


I hope y'all have a wonderful week!

Love and Live.-Sister Urie
Flowood out!

Southernism: ..I went Fishin!!! Check out that picture of me fishin. ( yes I know cop out..but this is a really southern thing to do. )

Tracting Tips: zero..will be lookin for more this week
Scripture: Scripture for the month in the Brandon ward is Doctrine and covenants 58:26-27

To see the pictures please see her blog at www.sisterurie.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment