Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Week 51: Skype Home.. playin at the Eastern Star..Sister Aebischers Bday and Transfers!‏‏

Dear Family,

What a wonderful great week! So many wonderful experiences and memories happened this week. Life is great and I feel so blessed to be here. I know..I know what your thinking..Get to the stories sister Urie!...Ok here they go..

So to be honest this week was long..but so short! By this I mean that there was so many things jammed pack into one wonderful great week. For starters..never went fishing.. but that's besides the point... This was my last week in Clinton. We had a great district meeting and I will really miss all the people here that I have gotten to know and serve around.


Sister Aebischers Birthday was this week. (mom..I am sorry i forgot to take pictures of the apartment decorations, but it turned out good and she loved it! we had a lot of fun.) The elders were so nice and surprised her with a cake ( and decorated the CD case that you sent.) I think she had a great birthday. One of her favorite members fed her dinner ( but we don't pick favorites..) Also on her birthday a member invited her over for lunch and we went to frozen yogurt with the Elders. I have included pictures. it was great and I really hope she felt loved. because I love her so much!!


So.. Saturday I had the opportunity to play the Violin at the installation meeting for the order of the Eastern Star, held at the Masonic lodge here in Clinton. It was a very interesting and made for a good journal entry of an experience. I have included pictures. I will say this.. The songs i played for the "entertainment" were..Ill go where you want me to go..and a Jewish song called Jerusalem gold. There was such an absence of the spirit in that meeting, but only when I played " Ill go where you want me to go" was the spirit there. It was wonderful for a short moment and I felt it a privilege to share with them my testimony through music and represent the Lord. So many people said they loved it and said how much they enjoyed my playing. Once again I feel so blessed to be able to have a violin out here and to be able to use these talents that the Lord has blessed me with. so lesson learned.. cultivate your talents!


It was so great to see ya'll this week over skype. I love you and Hope you know that! I appreciate more then you know yalls support and patience. Jessi I loved seeing your dress and am so so excited for you and all your new adventures. I am so glad you are happy! :)


We got to take the new incoming sisters out last night to try some potentials. They are great and I am really excited to have them in the mission.


I love my mission and am learning so much.. and ( yes here comes transfer info) I have been called on a new assignment! I will be opening Flowood, MS to sisters. We will be apart of the Brandon ward. I am not going to lie..I am so excited for this new adventure. I I I..I sound so self centered... This mission has been such a great experience and I am so loving all of these learning experiences..not going to lie..things have not been a cake walk..but I am so loving the journey.

Well that pretty much sums it up..gotta go so that more missionaries can use the computer..


Love yall so much!
Sister Urie

PS..I love dark chocolate.

Southernism: Forecast!! The Son will shine forever! ( church sign)
Tracting Tips: none.. but be prepared for more!
Scripture: James 5:16 Effectual fervent prayer...availeth much.

No comments:

Post a Comment