Monday, April 9, 2012

Week 46: Happy Birthday to me and my new birthday twin! and we got "dumped".‏‏

Dear Family!
 
This was another great week in Clinton, MS. We had the best of times and the worst of times..well it didn't ever really get that bad..but we did get dumped. lol. I will tell ya the story later in the email.
Easter was great. We had many appointments and many wonderful members who took care of us. Also Sacrament services were great. I will never be able to fully comprehend all that the savior has done for me and all of what his sacrifice truly means, yet I am grateful and I do know that he lives this very day! In Sacrament the choir sang and I also played a musical number with Noel Boone again singing and Sister Boone playing the piano, 'I need thee every hour'. It went well. I am so grateful, also, to have members that let me borrow their violin.
 
This week has been one of really cleaning out our area book. What I like to say is an 'investment' in our next 5 weeks. So things were kinda slow story wise.. we did however get "dumped". So the family we told you about who the mom had cancer and we took a member with us to go teach them..but the dad was sick so we rescheduled?..well we got in to see them in between sessions this last week ( I think i told you about that teaching appointment?) well Lets just say it could have gone better.  He never set up a return appointment with us because he claimed his work schedule was to crazy and would not commit to anything. So..we called them this week to see how they were doing and invite them to church for Easter Sunday. The Mom called us back and said that she and her husband had "looked at the book" and talked about it and this was not the direction that God was taking them in. Sad, but that's what she said. Just another rejection, yet I know one day she will join. I was about to ask her if she had prayed about it..but she hung up on us. I will commend her though, at least she had the courage to tell us she wasn't interested..most people run from us! haha!
 
Ok..now is the part where i say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Ya'll made my birthday so wonderful and I appreciate all of the cards and boxes and little surprises . It was so sweet. We went to lunch with the relief society president and her daughter..whos birthday is on April 5th also! ( another birthday twin buddy!) When we got there she had a present from ya'll. It made me cry it was so sweet. Thank you so much for thinking of me and going out of ya'lls way to make my birthday so great.
We had a great dinner appointment that night and another awesome member made me a cake. Sadly we didn't get to go tracting as much as I would've liked to on my birthday..I desperately wanted to knock on someones door and say.."It's my birthday! read this book!"..ha..but I did not. Sister A kept asking me what I wanted for my birthday too..and I kept telling her for someone to get baptized.. guess I have to be kind of realistic. lol
 
Saturday morning we went to the ward Easter egg hunt. It was so great! We got to talk with so many members and less active members. We mainly went around and told everyone about the Mormon.org/Easter campaign they had for this last weekend (Friday Saturday and Sunday) I hope ya'lls missionaries told yall about it. It was awesome! You could go on and put a comment about Christ and Your testimony of the Savior. ( I tried..but you had to "sign it in through Facebook" or something..and I don't even remember my password! ha..that makes me a good missionary right?) Besides the point..they had great videos up on youtube as part of the campaign and also on Mormon.org. I do not know if it is still there..but ya'll should check it out!
 
I have included some pinata pictures from transfers for ya'll I hope you enjoy them. I brought the 'Happy 2nd 2nd Birthday' banner too and hung it up. lol. (Thank you Jessi!)
 
Things really are going great and I appreciate ya'lls prayers and support. I know as we have more specific prayers we will get specific answers..I have been praying that instead of being led to the elect..That we will be led to the members who have friends who are prepared to receive the restored gospel. This is something that should come natural to each of us..sharing the gospel with our friends and less active members.
 
I know that this work is true! I am forever grateful to be a missionary at this time and pray I have the faith to continue to endure well.
Yall are wonderful and I hope you have a great great Week!
love, Sister Urie
 
Tracting Tips: zerro
Southernism: Children is pronounced 'cheer-in' or 'cheer-ren"
Scripture: 3 Nephi 9: 21-22 Behold, I have come unto the world to bring redemption unto the world, to save the world from sin. Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment