Thursday, March 29, 2012

Week 44:The church was on fire! annd we found our missing investigator..kind of..‏

Dear Family,


Can you believe it! I am alive, after 10 months i am still alive.. To be honest the time has gone by extremely fast and I pray everyday that I can do the time I have left justice and make every minute count.


Another great week though in Clinton, MS. Learning lots.. got a couple stories for ya'll. The first is why this email is going to be shorter then normal.
So since it is our p-day we can get permission to go outside our area. Well we got permission to have an awesome member take us to Flowood. We ate lunch and then got to go to the party store where I got me a pinata for my birthday. yes mam I did. We are going to have a birthday party for most of the April birthdays at transfers next week. Its gonna be awesome. Don't worry..ill send ya pictures :) (that wasn't that great of a story was it..?)


Well! This week was interesting. First, Wednesday night we drive up for Book of Mormon class and everyone is running out the church! Some how the new ac unit thing they put in caused an electrical fire or something and so they had to cancel all the activities for the night. ( don't quote me..but i think that is what they said the problem was.) Thankfully there was no actual fire, just smoldering. The church was fine and back to normal for Sunday services. (Not to mention is was pouring down rain that day!)


The next exciting thing you could say that happened was we finally found our investigator that has been missing for two weeks. She was missing from us, as in she would not return our phone calls and we could not catch her at home. Not life threatening mission. We had planned a day and time to go see her and set off. Well we drive past her house and as usual her car is not there. So we keep going down the road and I see this house with a few people out front and have the distinct impression that they are our family! So i turn the car around and we drove back to park in front of our investigators house and walk over to the house. As we got out of the car and were walking who should drive by but our missing investigator! She then proceeds to tell us a bunch of things about how the blessing that the "two men from our church gave her" Saved her life and that she is so grateful, The whole time she is looking around nervously. Then a car started to come and we asked her to just pull over and wed talk with her for a second, but she said it was alright and wed be in touch and drove off.. I did not feel she was sincere at all which made me really sad. I really feel like she is scared. It does not help much that she has not been keeping any commitments. ( hello red flag!)
Well the story doesn't end there.. So I felt like maybe i had had that impression because we were supposed to go back to be able to see our investigator, but I knew we still needed to talk with that family. Walk down the road and talk with the man in the drive way. He was working on the car. Turns out that missionaries used to go by there and they had attended church once. Both he and his new wife did not feel comfortable at the church. It was weird because I was so bold with him and normally I am not as blunt about things, but different words came to me and I knew what I was supposed to say to this man. I know it was the spirit speaking though me. We challenged him to read from the book of mormon again and explained and helped address his concerns of a modern day prophet as well as why we need the book of mormon. His comment was "well, i guess Ive got a lot of reading to do." he might be coming to church on Sunday.


The last story which isn't to much of a story is our other investigator. We are helping this sweet lady, who i think i told yall about, paint and get her new store ready for her grand opening this weekend. She has been through a lot in her life, but is a great woman with so much faith. This weekend she said she would come to at least one of the sessions of general conference. We are very excited!


Things are going well. Training is going great. I love this area, the people are wonderful and the members, especially the bishop are very mission minded.
We are going on exchanges with meridian this week as well as transfers are coming up for the following Tuesday. Until then..
Love ya'll and I pray yall have a great week!
Sister Urie


Scripture: Alma 22:15-18 Just like Lamoni's Father we can each ask ourselves..What would you give up to know God? I like to read this along with Moroni 4 and 5 when i am taking the sacrament. While doing so reviewing my week and seeing what things I can do better and give up, leave on the alter in a sense. 
Southernism: MC is not pronounced as it sounds "MC" it is pronounced Mac. Also Al is pronounced with a long a..as in all.. Gotta love the south! :)
Tracting tips..none..

No comments:

Post a Comment