Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Week 39: Transfers. Mud and The awesome first lesson. Scary dogs..‏

Dear Family,
How are ya'll doin? I am doing great. It is a beautiful day today in Clinton, MS. We have two new sisters that entered our mission this week and sadly two are departing. Guess who is training one of the new sisters... come on any guesses??... Yes, you guessed it. I am! I feel so honored and privileged to have been blessed with the wonderful opportunity to serve with a new sister missionary. I am training again. The sister I am training is named Sister Aebischer. She is a great sister from Riverside California and is 25 years old. So nice and I am so excited to serve with her.
Things in the mission are going great. The area is doing really well and i apologize for the briefness of this email.
First transfers went well. We had the opportunity to go out tracting with the new sister missionaries last night. I took Sister Mapu with me to this apartment complex in Brandon, MS. At first we met a lot of doors  full of people that were not receptive. I kept having this impression that the building we were knocking doors in was the wrong one, so we walked over to a different building. The second door we knocked on the lady invited us in and let us share the book of mormon with her. She was so sweet and I know that God led us to her door. I feel so grateful that I am living worthy to hear the promptings of the holy spirit. I know that he is real and does speak to us in a still small voice.
The next story that I have for this week is we were on exchanges, with a member trying, to see some less active members that live way far away. We drove to this one house and they were not home. So as we were leaving this truck came pulling in and we saw it drive to that house..so we decided to turn around and go and see the people that had just pulled in. As we went to turn around while pulling off the side of the road we forgot that it had been raining very hard the past day and a half and would you believe it..we sunk in the mud. Yep we got stuck in the mud. The mud was up to our doors! So we said a prayer and we were able to get the guy that drove into the house to come back with his truck and pull us out. It was so simple, but that really helped strengthen my testimony that prayers are answered, in his way and on his time.
last story.. We were trying to find this family that is on the ward list, who no one knows who they are. So we knock on the door we think is theirs and these dogs start barking ( the kind of barking dogs.. Ferocious! Scary) Well to make a long story short he came out and was talking with us..not the right house we were a few off. This man had some very choice words for how he felt about the Book of Mormon. After talking with him for a while his heart softened.. we then gave him a article of faith card and his heart softened even more. What made it better is that he said we could come back. One day I know he will accept the restored gospel.
Well there are more stories but not enough time to type them..remind me to tell you about the cute couple we met at the restaurant that paid for our food. :)
I love ya'll and hope you have a wonderful week. Things are going great here..The work is true and I know that the gospel has been restored through the prophet Joseph smith. If you don't believe me read the book, ponder it and ask for yourself!
Be good!
love ya'll!
Sister Urie
Southernism: I do declare!  You would say this when someone would normally say " oh my goodness" or " oh my".
Tracting Tips: zero

No comments:

Post a Comment