Saturday, May 28, 2011

First Letter Home

It was so exciting to receive a letter today from 
Sister Urie.  I thought I would share a few things from
from her letter.

"I love and miss you so much, but to be honest time moves so fast here and I have had not time to really think about home.  I have never felt the spirit so strong in one place, besides the temple.

Sometimes I will see two elders in the hallway and want to go talk to them saying"You're missionaries and I'm going on a mission too!!
then I will look down and see my own name tag and feel very silly.

My Companions name is Sister Harding, she is so sweet.  the lord blessed me with a great companion.  we have so much in common its unreal.

I keep thinking about how I was able to work for Disney and wear their name on me, now I am employed by the lord with a different name tag representing someone who is perfect. 

I am now starting to realize how hard this is going to be and what people who have done this before were meaning when they said they had never cried so much, or laughed so hard as they did while on their missions.

I will say I am grateful I had mission prep before coming.  What we did there is the same as what we are doing here and I am far more prepared than most.

P.S. I packed to many clothes :).  "Suitcase shopping" is going to be fun!!"







1 comment: